it may sound as though that i'm a summer fanatic - don't get me wrong - i love, love, love the fall. its perhaps my favorite season. and some of the fall time yummies like winter squash are not to be scoffed at - but i'm going to miss fresh tomatoes and summer squash. i bid them adieu with this homage to summer - a vegetable bake. over the course of the past few months i made it at least once a week - in an effort to use up all of the vegetables that i received in my share. the colors are captivating and the taste - unreal. this dish is extremely versatile, and i often substituted different vegetables, depending on what was included in my share.
|cutting board of color|
|bake of summer beauty|
- 2-3 large tomatoes - cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 3 small-medium potatoes - cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 yellow summer squash - cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 zucchini squash - cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 medium onion - cut into 1/4 inch rings
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped herbs such as basil, oregano, thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
don't have the above ingredients? don't worry. substitute in various types of veggies! i often add in eggplant instead of zucchini. get create and customize this one to your liking.
the tasty alternative