i decided to put together these delicious skewers a few nights ago for supper. i've had these on my to-cook-list for some time now. i'm really big into asian flavors and love the combo of sweet and salty along side nutty sesame. i didnt have enough time to marinate my chicken beforehand and highly recommend doing so - the flavor will permeate the meat and make it stand out much more. it took no time to cook these up and served them on a bed of basmati rice with a handful of fresh cilantro.
sesame chicken skewers
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into chunks
- 2 red bell peppers cut into chunks
- 2 cups button mushrooms cut into halves
- 1/2 large sweet onion cut into chunks
- 2 c cooked basmati rice
- fresh cilantro (for garnish)
- 6 tbsp tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds
- black pepper (to taste)
wait! before you go - stop by these great blogs - here are some of my favs!
simple home life
little brick ranch
lisas gluten free
naturally me creations
enjoy! until next week...