....sidebar for colorado locals + non-locals for that matter. last week my friend betsy brought me to a fabulous reception in denver to celebrate the opening of fashion independent, a gallery commemorating the amazing life + impeccable style of ann bonfoey taylor -- now on display at the phoenix art museum. i met tons of great people at the reception and was introduced to a fantastic boulder based chocolatier - jenny thamer owner of lioni artisan chocolate. her truffles are TO DIE FOR. check them out. now.
|one pot masterpiece. ceramic salt pig by liz benotti|
tomato + kale + white bean soup
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cans white kidney beans (cannelinni beans) - rinsed
- 1 bunch of kale (dino or regular) - rinsed and chopped into 2 inch strips
- 1 large sweet onion - finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves - minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- kosher salt + pepper to taste
this yields a decent sized pot of soup - and freezes well. lots of fiber and tons of vitamins!