anyway - last night i was craving carrot bread - so i decided to work up a recipe for carrot muffins. this lightly spiced carrot muffin is delightful - top it with mandarin frosting and its fabulous.
before i delve into the recipe - i wanted to ask for your advice. as you can tell, i have been baking a ton, you are very astute! although, i do eat a vast majority of what i make - i do share with others : ). problem is, i need a good mode of transporting cupcakes/muffins. do any of you know of a cute, practical carrier? if so, please leave me a note in my comments box!
|cha. ceramic dish by elizabeth benotti.|
- 2 c gluten free flour mix (already containing either xanthan gum or guar gum - for those allergic to corn)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 c packed organic light brown sugar
- 3 beaten egg whites
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1/3 c plain yogurt (reserve remaining for frosting - i used soy yogurt)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c rice milk - plus more if necessary
- 1 c finely grated carrots
- 1/2 c golden raisins (you can use regular - i particularly like the taste of goldens)
once batter is completely combined gently stir in grated carrots + raisins then spoon batter into 12 cupcake liners. bake at 350 for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean.
you've got at least 20 minutes - why not put together a tasty frosting?
- 1-2 tbsp yogurt (dairy free)
- 1-2 c confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- zest from 1 mandarin orange
|please frost me.|