- 2 cups gluten free flour mix (i used gluten free pantry - contains guar gum)
- 1 cup unrefined cane sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup rice milk (warmed in microwave around 1 minute)
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp fresh lemon juice
click read more for the rest of the recipe!
- 1 c confectioners sugar (whole foods brand w/o cornstarch)
- 1 tbsp dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp palm shortening
- 2-3 tbsp brewed coffee
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
i think i could have gone with just one egg - the cupcakes came out a bit dense. overall they were moist, had decent flavor and a good, smooth consistency. i absolutely love the mocha frosting - but next time will attempt a lemon 'cream' instead.
i'm wicked tired - will attempt the flourless choco cake tomorrow. if not, i'll do something savory - i plan on making a bang up dinner tomorrow night. to all a good night!